Monday, October 28, 2013

Portable Carpet Shampoo Machines


Sometimes, stains happen at the most inopportune time. It always seems that you knock something over when you do not have the time to clean it up. Either you are in the middle of watching a movie, cooking dinner, entertaining guests, etc. Who has the time to drag out a full upright carpet shampoo machine? There is a solution to this problem and it is a portable carpet shampoo machine. These portable carpet shampooers are small handheld devices that you can use for targeted stain removal and quick cleaning projects.

There are several advantages to having a small carpet cleaner at your disposal. First, they are easy to store. You can fit a portable carpet shampoo machine under your kitchen sink, in a corner of a closet, or even under an end table in your family room or living room. I have end tables that have small shelves underneath then and I store my Bissell Little Green Carpet Shampooer on the shelf of the end table that is between the couch and the wall. You cannot see it unless you are down on your hands and knees right in front of the table. However, I have easy access to it if I spill something. I can reach the machine quickly and easily. Another advantage is that these small carpet steamers can reach into places that regular upright carpet shampoo machines cannot. They typically have long hoses and small brush attachments that make it possible to reach in between pieces of furniture or around table legs much more easily than a large machine. Sometimes, I use my small portable machine after I run the regular carpet steamer over a room to touch up in places that I could not reach.

I have encountered one possible negative to using the portable carpet shampooers. Sometimes, my hose attachments become disconnected during a cleaning. The hoses and attachments are not permanently in place, so it is rather easy to dislodge them. If I am not paying close attention, I can pull the hose too far or catch it on something causing the system to fall into pieces while in use. This leads to spills of both clean and dirty water. You need to be very careful when using a machine that you do not pull it apart. Another possible disadvantage is that these portable machines are not meant for large scale cleaning. You will only be able to use this type of carpet cleaning machine for small stains and hard to reach places. It is necessary to buy a full size carpet shampooer or rent one to clean entire rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment