Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Decreasing Inflammation Pain in Your Joints Can Be Helped With BluTack, Tape and Omega-3 DHA


If you are like me, you will have reached the age where you now suffer from a few pain issues. Therefore you will more than likely be interested in a simple way of decreasing inflammation, RSI, muscle, tendon, and medial nerve pain particularly in your hands, wrists and other joints.

For over 10 years now I have suffered from these problems particularly in my hands, wrists and right knee joint, which all become more inflamed when I play my favorite sport -- golf once a week.

Some years ago I came up with what I believe to be a pretty ingenious solution that enables me to cope with the pain when I play. There are about 14 points where I experience pain in my hands and wrists when I grip the club and take a swing. Sometimes it hurts so much I can barely grip the club at all.

My simple method is to place small circles of BluTack held in place by rigid tape at the points of pain, commonly where the finger joints form a V on top of your hand and sides of your wrists. This is then covered with an elastic pressure bandage. I guess you could possibly relate this method to some type of acupuncture, where you are applying pressure to a certain point. I don't really care about the theory -- all I know and care about is it works and I can continue playing golf.

10 years ago I could only play three painful holes of golf before the inside of my right knee would swell to the size of a tennis ball with inflammation, I either had to waddle on in severe pain or give up.

An old football friend of mine showed me how to do a kind of figure 8 bandage around my knee using rigid tape, which stabilized the joint and supported my kneecap. Walking up to 36 holes pain free became possible after mastering this simple taping technique.

Three years ago I started taking a cheap brand of fish oil capsules and noticed some minor improvements in my joints. However 18 months ago I stumbled across a superior brand of fish oil on the Internet with a high concentration of DHA omega-3 fatty acid in particular. There has been a marked improvement in reducing joint pain in my hands.

Think about trying natural alternative methods to control your joint, muscular, tendon and nerve pain, including stretching exercises. Taking painkilling pills or rubbing on these types of chemical ointments is not necessarily the most effective, safest or best long term solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment